Friday 14 July 2017

Dad has to deliver his daughter in a Collector Road lay-by

A DAD had to deliver his baby daughter by the side of the Collector Road after it became apparent that his pregnant partner wouldn't make it to the maternity unit in time.
Steve Sandford, from Chelmsley Wood, pulled into a lay-by alongside the dual carriageway after Joanne Winters' waters broke on the way to Good Hope Hospital.
The 45-year-old builder was talked through the birth by a 999 operator and paramedics arrived at the scene to find that Joanne, 39, was already cradling baby Chloe.
Speaking to the BBC, Steve said: "I pulled over and then the woman [on the phone] said you need to check if you can see the baby's head. I could see some hair so I started to panic and sweat.
"I said 'give it one big push Jo' and she pushed and the baby came out in my hands. I had tears in my eyes, I couldn't speak."
The couple's elder daughter, 16 month-year-old Charlotte, had also been in the car at the time of the incident, which happened on June 27.
Ambulance crews later took mother and child to hospital to recover from the early arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment