Saturday 22 October 2016

Wife pays tribute to man following fatal stabbing

A YOUNG man who died after being stabbed in Kingshurst earlier this week has been named as Giovanni Lewis.
The 28-year-old (pictured, right), who has been described as "a gentle giant", had been taken to Heartlands Hospital on Tuesday evening (October 18) after being attacked in Hadfield Way.
Doctors had fought to save his life but he was pronounced dead at just before 9pm. A post mortem confirmed he had suffered a stab wound to the heart.
The victim's wife, who has not been named, has issued the following tribute.
"My heart has been ripped apart, Giovanni was my gentle giant and my beloved husband.
"Words cannot express how I feel right now, I do not know how I’m going to get through this, he was my soul mate.
"Giovanni will truly be missed by all, by me, his family and his friends."
Police have said that the investigation into the killing continues and appealed for anyone with information to come forward.
Det Insp Justin Spanner said: "This is a fast paced inquiry and it is only a matter of time before we arrest the person responsible for this tragic incident.
"My officers are working around the clock to piece together the circumstances that led to Giovanni losing his life.
"I would at this point like to appeal directly to the person responsible to do the right thing and to come forward, it is only a matter of time before we knock your door and by coming forward it will give you a chance to tell us your side of the story."
A 27-year-old man, from Shard End, was arrested shortly after the incident and released on police bail pending further enquiries.
Two 38-year-old women appeared before Birmingham Magistrates Court yesterday (Friday) charged with perverting the course of justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment